Ankle Stretch Benefits:
- Increases ankle range of motion, specifically the dorsiflexion movement.
- Stretches calf muscle.
- Improves mobility of the ankle and flexibility of the calf.
How to do an Ankle Stretch:
Start Position: Facing the wall, place the toes of one foot up against the wall. For stability, place your hands on the wall.
Movement: Bend your knee toward the wall until you feel a stretch in your calf and ankle.
Return: Straighten out and repeat with your other foot.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify the Ankle Stretch, keep your leg straight instead of bending at the knee.
- To advance the Ankle Stretch, move your knee forward, and then side to side.
- When you feel the stretch, hold the position for 5 seconds.
- To get more out of the stretch, hold the position for 3 seconds and back out just a little. Then go deeper and hold the position for another 5 seconds.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Ankle Stretch in no time.