- Strengthens the upper back to improve posture.
- Helps relieve neck tension.
- Counteracts the negative effects of chair-sitting.
How to do Cobra:
Starting Position: Begin by lying on your stomach. Keep your hands palm-down, flat on the ground near your chest. Keep your feet together, with your toes pointed downward.
Movement: Press into your palms, pushing your upper body away from the ground, raising the crown of your head towards the sky.
Return: Slowly lower your upper body back down on the ground, rolling down through the chest first, and finishing with your head.
Modification and Progression of Cobra:
- To simplify Cobra, shorten your range of motion.
- To advance Cobra, move your hands down toward your ribcage and perform the exercise.
- Focus on opening up your chest and rolling your shoulders down and back as you raise your head toward the sky.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Cobras in no time.