- Add variety to Jumping Jacks.
- Challenge muscles in a different plane of motion (sagittal).
- Have a cardio, fat-burning effect.
- Tone shoulders, abs, thighs, and calves in one move.
How to do Seal Jacks:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet together, hands palm to palm, arms extended out in front of your chest.
Movement: Step or jump your feet out to a wide stance — palms separating, arms opening to a ‘T’.
Return: Step or jump your feet together. Clap your hands by bringing arms back together. Increase the pace as your rhythm improves.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Seal Jacks, step one foot out, then the other. Place your hands on your hips.
- To advance Seal Jacks, do a standard Jumping Jack after every Seal Jack to challenge your brain and muscles.
- Be mindful of your ankles as you step out.
- Do Prone IYT’s to improve your ability to perform this exercise.
- Keep your chest open and core braced.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Seal Jacks in no time.