- Opens the hips, relieving the low back of any tension or aches.
- Stretches out the glutes and hamstrings, reducing the risk of injury.
- Serves as a great cool-down move after an intense leg or back workout.
How to do Happy Baby:
Starting Position: Lie on your back with your knees bent at 90 degrees, and your feet on the ground.
Movement: While maintaining the knee bend, lift your feet off the ground until the soles of your feet face the sky and you front thighs touch your belly. Reach up with your hands and grab the outsides of your feet or ankles. Pull your feet down toward ground so your knees move toward the ground, just outside of your ribcage. Press your tailbone down into the ground.
Return: Release your grip from your feet and gently lower your legs to the ground.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Happy Baby, do not pull your legs as far down.
- To advance Happy Baby, gently shift your weight, rocking side to side. Pull your ankles down and keep your knees out.
- Pull your feet or ankles down by squeezing your shoulder blades back and together.
- Point your toes toward your shins as you pull your feet or ankles down.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Happy Baby in no time.