- Tones the abs, glutes, and hip flexors for a strong and stable lower body.
- Pairs well with ab exercises that are done lying down on your back.
- Easy to simplify or advance, should you choose to do so.
How to do Heel Taps:
Starting Position: Lie on your back with your arms by your side, palms face down. Extend your legs straight up over your hips. Now you are in an “L” position.
Movement: Brace your core as you slowly lower one leg toward the ground. Tap the heel of that leg to the floor.
Return: Re-engage your core as you drive that leg off ground to the starting position. Switch legs.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Heel Taps, place your hands under your glutes to support your low back. Another option is to lower your heel only as far as you can while keeping your back flat on the ground.
- To advance Heel Taps, lift your hips off the ground every time you return the leg to its starting position. You can also raise your hands toward the sky, palms facing each other.
- Straighten your legs as much as possible.
- The slower you lower your heels to the ground, the more you engage your core.
- Drive your palms into the ground to help stabilize yourself.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Heel Taps in no time.