- Strengthens shin and calf muscles, which can help improve running performance
- Increases ankle stability and mobility
- Improves balance
How to Do Heel Walks:
Starting Point: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Shift weight onto heels by lifting toes off the ground.
Movement: Walk forward on your heels, keeping toes lifted off the ground.
Return: Walk backward on your heels, keeping toes lifted off the ground.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Heel Walks, use a wall or chair for balance.
- To advance Heel Walks, take larger steps and increase foot air-time.
- To assist with the initial balance, shift your hips slightly back and lean your torso slightly forward while you walk
- Keep the knees slightly bent as you walk.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Heel Walks in no time.