- Engages the core, adding strength and stability to the whole body.
- Tones the glutes and hamstrings.
- Easy to simplify or advance, should you choose to do so.
How to do Hip Bridge Hold:
Starting Point: Lie on your back and place your heels near your butt. Keep your arms straight by your sides, palms down.
Movement: Lift your hips off the ground into full extension. Squeeze your booty as you hold this position. Maintain a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
Return: Slowly lower the hips towards the ground, one vertebrae at a time.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Hip Bridge Hold, move in and out of hold.
- To advance Hip Bridge Hold, move your heels further away from your booty. You can also lift one foot off the floor to extend it straight out, isolating the glutes.
- Press your palms into the ground to stabilize yourself.
- When holding the top position, squeeze your glutes by rotating your hips outward — left hip counterclockwise and right hip clockwise.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Hip Bridge Hold in no time.