- Tones the core, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Improves hip and glute flexibility.
- Easy to simplify or advance, should you choose to do so.
How to do Hip Press Marches:
Starting Point: Lie on your back and place your heels as close to your butt as possible. Place your arms away from your body, palms face down. Drive your palms and heels into the ground, squeezing your glutes, and lifting your hips toward the sky.
Movement: In this position, lift one leg off the ground, bringing your knee toward your chest. Keep your knee at 90 degrees.
Return: Lower your foot back onto the floor, keeping your hips extended, and lift your opposite knee toward your chest.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Hip Press Marches, do a Hip Press with both legs on the ground. Another option is to do a Single Leg Hip Press.
- To advance Hip Press Marches, extend your knee straight out as you raise it toward your chest. When lowering that leg, bend it back again and repeat with your other knee.
- Press your palms into the ground to stabilize yourself.
- When holding the top position, squeeze your glutes by rotating your hips outward — left hip counterclockwise and right hip clockwise.
- Don’t let your hips sink as you raise your knee toward your chest.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Hip Press Marches in no time.