- Improves core strength and stability
- Not as taxing on low back as a plank if you keep it in contact with the ground
- Challenges core endurance as you have to maintain a consistent contraction
How to do Hollow Reach:
Starting Position: Lie down on your back and extend your arms over your head, palms facing each other. Lift your feet off the ground and bring your knees and hips to 90 degrees.
Movement: Tighten your abs as you extend your legs away from your head.
Return: Return your knees to 90 degrees by bending them back over your hips.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Hollow Reaches, extend your legs only as far as you can keep your back flat on the ground.
- To advance Hollow Reaches, raise your head and arms off the ground while performing the exercise.
- Think about extending your legs straight out as you hover them above the ground.
- If you feel your lower back lifting off the ground, reach your legs higher off the ground on the next rep.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Hollow Reach in no time.