- Engages the core, toning both the abs and hip flexors.
- Improves posture.
- Perfect when paired with core exercises done lying down on the back.
How to do Hollow Reach:
Starting Position: Lie down on your back and extend your arms over your head, palms facing each other and toes pointing toward the shins. Lift your feet off the ground and bring your knees and hips to 90 degrees.
Movement: Tighten your stomach as you extend your legs straight out until your feet are hovering an inch above the ground.
Return: Return your knees to 90 degrees by bending them back over your hips. Slowly lower your feet back to the ground, knees bent.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Hollow Reaches, extend your legs only as far as you can keep your back flat on the ground.
- To advance Hollow Reaches, raise your head and arms one inch off the ground while performing the exercise.
- Think about extending your legs straight out as you hover them above the ground.
- In order to best return your knees to 90 degrees from the hovering position, lift your upper legs toward the chest then, once they are half way, bend your knees.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Hollow Reach in no time.