- Excellent foundational plyometric move (jump training).
- Strengthens the glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves all with one exercise.
- Heart-starting, cardio-busting move burns pesky fat.
How to do Jump Turns:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
Movement: Squat by sinking your hips down and back, and placing your weight on your heels. Lean your torso forward for balance. Now jump up — extending through your hips, knees, and ankles — while turning one quarter of a circle in the air. Land in a squat position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Absorb the jump by landing quietly on your toes and bending your knees and hips. Reset and jump again in the opposite direction.
Return: Land in the squat position and return to standing position.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Jump Turns, come down to a half squat position. Then step turn one foot out to the side, then back to center. Switch legs.
- To advance Jump Turns, place your hands in the air, elbows by your ears while you perform the exercise.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders back throughout the movement.
- When landing, bend at your hips first, then your knees. Land on your toes, allowing the force to be properly distributed to the right joints.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Jump Turns in no time.