- Heart-starting, cardio-busting move burns pesky fat.
- Serves as an excellent warm-up move.
- Easy beginner exercise.
How to do Jumping Jacks:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet together, arms by your sides.
Movement: Jump your feet out to a wide stance, simultaneously swinging your arms out to the side, and up overhead.
Return: Step or jump your feet back together, returning your arms to your sides.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Jumping Jacks, step touch one foot out at a time. Place your hands on your hips.
- To advance Jumping Jacks, start the move with your hands and arms up overhead. As you jump out to a wide stance, swing your arms down, challenging your brain to a different pattern of motion. Jump your feet in, swinging your arms up overhead.
- Be mindful of your ankles as you jump or step out to a wide stance.
- If you are experiencing shoulder pain, lead with your elbows as you swing your arms up and out. Keep a slight bend in your elbows.
- Increase the pace of your jumps as you get comfortable with the motion.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Jumping Jacks in no time.