- Challenges the body to work in a different plane of motion, making you more versatile.
- Heart-starting, cardio-busting move burns pesky fat.
- Improves balance and coordination.
How to do Lateral Bounds:
Starting Position: Stand on one leg. Raise your opposite leg, bending the knee to hip height.
Movement: Sink your hips back, explode off the standing leg and leap sideways. Use your arms to swing along with the jump.
Return: Land on your opposite foot, while bending the alternate knee. Switch sides.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Lateral Bounds, step touch side to side.
- To advance Lateral Bounds, extend your knee out as you land with the opposite foot. This will test your balance, as well as your core strength.
- Be mindful of your ankles as you leap sideways.
- Absorb the jump by landing on your toes, bending at your knees and hips.
- Swinging your arms helps you with the movement, providing momentum and coordination. Use ’em.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Lateral Bounds in no time.