- Excellent warmup for lower body lateral movements.
- Works in a different plane of motion, making you more versatile.
- Improves balance, mobility, and coordination.
How to do Front Leg Swings:
Starting Position: Facing a stable object and holding on for balance, stand on one foot by raising your opposite hip off the ground.
Movement: Swing your leg in front of and across your body, then out to the side. Feel the stretch in your inner thigh, then outer thigh and booty.
Return: Repeat with your other leg.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Front Leg Swings, slow your tempo and/or decrease your range of motion.
- To advance Front Leg Swings, press your hips forward as you swing your leg across then out. Once your leg extends out, hold the position for one second, then slowly release.
- Be careful when swinging your leg back down. To prevent hitting your heel on the ground, tilt and raise your hips so the swinging foot is elevated off the ground.
- The slower you perform this movement, the more you will tone your inner thighs, glutes, and outer thighs.
- Be mindful of your balance on the standing leg. Spread your toes out to stabilize yourself.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Front Leg Swings in no time.