- Improves core stability and strength.
- Adds variety, increasing the body’s ability to adapt to a different plane of motion.
- Tones the whole body.
How to do Plank Walk:
Starting Point: Get down on the ground on your forearms and toes. Place your elbows directly under your shoulders and your feet together. Raise your hips to form a straight line with your body. Brace your core.
Movement: Walk the plank sideways by shifting your body weight to the right side, and placing both your hand and feet to the left side. Shift your weight to the left side of your body as you trail your right hand and right foot along. Your hand and foot should move at the same time. Walk three “steps” to the left.
Return: After three steps, switch directions.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Plank Walk, complete just one step to the left, then one step to the right. Or simply hold static plank.
- To advance Plank Walk, shift your weight to one side, raise your arm forward and your leg straight back, forming a straight line with your body from finger tip to toe. Lower your hand and foot back to the ground, and step out. Repeat this body extension every time you step out.
- Drive your palms into the ground to elevate your upper back. Maintain a slight curve in your upper back.
- Align your spine by looking forward or diagonally at a 45-degree angle.
- Keep your hips elevated, as they have a tendency to sink.
- Shift your weight to one side BEFORE you step hands and feet out.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Plank Walk in no time.