- Excellent move to warm-up hips.
- Challenges your balance and coordination.
- Improves lower-body flexibility and mobility.
How to do Leg Swings:
Starting Position: While placing one hand against a stable surface to assist with balance, stand on one foot. Raise your hip to elevate the opposite foot off the ground.
Movement: Swing your opposite leg forward and back, keeping your leg straight.
Return: Slowly swing your leg back down, placing your foot on the ground. Switch sides.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Leg Swings, slow your tempo and/or decrease your range of motion.
- To advance Leg Swings, keep a straight spine and touch your toes with the same-side hand when you swing your leg up.
- Don’t curl your tailbone in. Stick your booty out.
- Be careful when swinging your leg back down. To prevent hitting your heel on the ground, tilt and raise your hips so the swinging foot is elevated off the ground.
- Be mindful of your balance on the standing leg. Spread your toes out to stabilize yourself.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Leg Swings in no time.