- Increases flexibility in hips.
- Challenges your balance and coordination skills.
- Excellent move to open up the TFL, a commonly tight muscle on the outer thigh.
How to do Lunge Side Stretch:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet together, arms raised overhead, elbows near the ears.
Movement: Step one foot back, bending your knee to 90 degrees. Tilt your torso to the same side as your front leg. Pause and brace the core.
Return: Bring your arms and torso back to center. Drive off your leading leg and return to standing position.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Lunge Side Stretch, decrease the depth of your lunge.
- To advance Lunge Side Stretch, step your rear leg further back. Tilt to the side, bracing your core and glutes, then hold for three seconds.
- Find your balance by spreading the toes of your leading foot.
- Keep your hips square. Minimize twisting your hips while you tilt to the side.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders down.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Lunge Side Stretch in no time.