- Increases total body strength and improves calorie burn for weight loss.
- Improves strength in your glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
- Adds variation to the traditional squat move.
How to do Offset Squats:
Starting Point: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take a small step forward with one foot and a small step back with the opposite foot to get into an offset stance. Point your knees and toes forward.
Movement: Lower your hips down and back, shifting your weight onto your heels. Keep your chest up, shoulders down, and back straight.
Return: Drive through your heels, squeezing your glutes and fully extending your hips.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Offset Squats, decrease the depth of your squat.
- To advance Offset Squats, squeeze your glutes throughout the entire movement. Place your arms in the air, elbows next to your ears, for an added emphasis on your shoulders. You can also add a jump at the top of the motion, pick up your speed — or do both.
- Squatting should be pain-free. Go as low as you can, playing with your range of motion.
- If you feel like you are falling backwards, lean your torso forward.
- Raise your arms in front of you at chest level to assist with balance.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Offset Squats in no time.