- Excellent variation to Offset Squats.
- Tones the outer glutes, thighs, and calves.
- Accentuates gluteus maximus muscles even more than other types of squats.
How to do Offset External Squats:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take a small step forward with one foot and a small step back with the opposite foot to get into an offset stance. Point your knees and toes outward.
Movement: Lower your hips down and back, shifting your weight onto your heels. Lean your torso slightly forward, while keeping your chest up, shoulders back, and spine straight.
Return: Drive through your heels, squeezing your glutes, and fully extending your hips.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Offset External Squats, point your toes forward instead of out.
- To advance Offset External Squats, squeeze your glutes throughout the entire movement. Place your arms in the air — elbows next to your ears — for an added emphasis on the shoulders.
- To externally rotate your legs, turn your upper left leg counterclockwise and your upper right leg clockwise. This engages your glutes.
- If you feel like you are falling backward, lean your torso further forward.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Offset External Squats in no time.