- Tones abs, making them work laterally as you bend from side to side.
- Excellent beginner ab exercise.
- Great when paired with other ab exercises done lying down on the back.
How to do Penguins:
Starting Position: Lie on your back. Keep your knees bent and your heels close to your glutes.
Movement: Lift your head, neck, and shoulders slightly off the ground. Brace your core, reaching one hand to your same-side heel.
Return: Return to center. Switch sides.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Penguins, reach your fingertips one-to-two inches away from your heels rather than all the way.
- To advance Penguins, move your heels away from your glutes, increasing the reach to tap your heels.
- Avoid tucking the neck into the chest.
- Squeeze your abs as you touch your heels.
- Increase the pace at which you tap your heels to make this a fat-burning move.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Penguins in no time.