- Tones the abs and shoulders.
- Improves posture by working the core.
- Challenges balance and coordination.
How to do Mermaid:
Starting Position: Get down to a Side Plank by supporting your weight on one forearm, feet stacked. Extend your top arm toward the sky.
Movement: Raise your hips up above neutral position. Reach your top arm up and over your ear, as you arc it toward the ground.
Return: Return your hips to neutral in side plank position, lifting your arm back up toward the sky. Repeat on other side.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Mermaid, lift your hips without reaching overhead. Hold Side Plank.
- To advance Mermaid, lift the top leg in the air as you perform the movement.
- Squeeze your glutes to help you square your hips. You do not want them to drop forward or behind.
- Press your supporting elbow into the ground, and extend the shoulder.
- Keep your neck neutral.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Mermaid in no time.