- Targets your obliques, minimizing “love handles”.
- Engages the core, improving your posture.
- Adds variety to the traditional plank move.
How to do Plank Twists:
Starting Position: Get down on the ground on your forearms and toes. Place your elbows directly under your shoulders and keep your feet together. Raise your hips to form a straight line with your body while bracing your core.
Movement: Dip your hips to one side, pivoting on your toes. Pause.
Return: Drive through your forearms, bringing your hips back to center.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Plank Twists, hold a static plank.
- To advance Plank Twists, dip your hips until your hip touches the ground. Pause. Bring your hips back to the center and repeat on the other side. You can also stack your feet on top of each other to make the exercise even more challenging.
- Keep your hips elevated throughout the movement, as they may have a tendency to sink.
- Drive your elbows into the ground to elevate your upper back, maintaining a slight bump in your upper back.
- Look forward at a 45-degree angle, or diagonally in front of you.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Plank Twists in no time.