- Tones almost every muscle in the body.
- Improves overall stability and strength.
- Easy to modify or advance.
How to do Plank:
Starting Point: Get down on your forearms and knees. Your hands and forearms should be parallel to each other.
Movement: Press your hands and forearms into ground, extending your hips and knees until your legs are straight. Your body should form a straight line.
Return: Lower your knees to the ground, bracing your core. Relax your core.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Plank, drop your knees to the ground, and/or perform planks on your wrists.
- To advance Plank, raise one arm overhead, keeping your elbow close to your ear. Lift your opposite leg off the ground, squeezing your glutes. Hold. Lower and repeat on other side.
- Drive your forearms into the ground to elevate your upper back. Maintain a slight curve in your upper back.
- Align your spine by looking forward or diagonally at a 45-degree angle.
- Keep your hips elevated, as they have a tendency to sink.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Plank in no time.