- Burn pesky fat with heart-starting, cardio-busting movement.
- Provide total-body toning.
- Strengthen your abs while simultaneously promoting cardiorespiratory function.
How to do Power Knees:
Starting Position: Begin in an offset stance, with one foot diagonally in front of the other. Keep your hands up in a defensive position — with your hands in fists at chin level.
Movement: Shift your weight onto one leg, reaching your arms up overhead. Drive your knee up toward your chest while driving your arms down to the sides of the knee.
Return: Repeat the movement as quickly as possible, switching to the other side halfway through your time block.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Power Knees, slow your tempo and/or march in place.
- To advance Power Knees, perform a Back Kick with the same leg that is being driven toward your chest.
- Keep your chest open and shoulders back.
- Pivot at your hips to perform this movement.
- At first, perform this exercise slowly. Once you get into a good rhythm, increase your pace.
- Bounce on the ball of the standing foot each time you drive your knee to your chest.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Power Knees in no time.