- Simultaneously increase ab and glute strength.
- Engage core to improve overall stability.
- Sculpt a shapely tush by toning the glutes.
How to do Single Leg Hip Presses:
Starting Position: Lie on your back with your feet on the ground, knees bent. Keep one heel as close to your glutes as possible while extending the opposite leg straight up. Keep your arms by your side, palms flat on the ground.
Movement: Drive through your arms and planted heel, squeezing your glutes, and lifting your hips and foot toward the sky. Hold.
Return: Slowly lower your hips back toward the ground. Repeat with the other leg.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Single Leg Hip Presses, do Hip Press with both legs on the ground.
- To advance Single Leg Hip Presses, move the heel of your grounded foot further away from your tush while you perform the exercise.
- Relax your neck, keeping it neutral with the spine.
- The closer your heel is to the glutes, the easier this exercise will be.
- Flex the toes of your raised leg toward your shin.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Single Leg Hip Presses in no time.