- Improves coordination, agility, balance and power
- Strengthens and tones the lower-body muscles: glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves jumping abilities
- Burn calories by increasing heart rate and blood flow
How to do Skaters:
Starting Position: Stand with feet together hands at sides
Movement: Drive off your left foot and jump to the right. Land on your right foot and bend your right knee. Swing your left leg behind the right and touch your left foot to the ground. Bend both knees to 90 degrees.
Return: Drive off your right foot and jump to the left. Land on your left foot and bend your left knee. Swing your right leg behind the left and touch your right foot to the ground. Bend both knees to 90 degrees. Repeat.
Modifications and Progressions:
- To simplify Skaters, step to the side rather than jumping.
- To advance Skaters, do not touch the back foot to the ground with each stride.
- When jumping, land softly and silently, absorbing impact with your feet, knees and hips.
- Shift your weight from side to side as you leap.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Skaters in no time.