- Improves core strength and stability
- Tones glutes, abs, and shoulders
- A challenging variation to the plank
How to Do Spider Planks:
Starting Point: Get in Plank position, with your hands directly under your shoulders. Align your ears, shoulders, hips and heels to form a straight line with your body. Brace your core.
Movement: While maintaining the Plank, draw your left knee to your left elbow.
Return: Return your left knee to the plank, and repeat on the other side – right knee to the right elbow.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Spider Planks, put your hands on an elevated surface like a table, counter, or wall instead of the floor.
- To advance Spider Planks, add a pushup every time you raise your knee to your elbow.
- Spread your fingers with the index finger and thumb forming an L.
- Squeeze your glutes and press back into your thighs in the plank position.
- Be aware of your hips. Do not elevate them or let them sag.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Spider Planks in no time.