- Engages lower body stability which keeps injury at bay.
- Feel the burn, and open those hips — tone and open glutes, hamstrings, and calves with one move.
- Improves core strength, giving you a slimmer look and a stronger feel.
How to do Split Squats:
Starting Position: Step one foot out in front of the other, coming on to the toes of your back foot. Squeeze the glutes and tone the abs.
Movement: Begin bending knees so that they form 90°. Align the front knee over the ankle. The back knee hovers close to the ground.
Return: Drive through the glutes and the heel of the front foot to stand back up. Repeat. To switch sides, step the back foot in or the front foot back.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Split Squats, decrease the depth at which you squat down.
- To advance Split Squats, raise your hands to the sky to challenge the core muscles. Additionally, you can also grab some weights for this move.
- Find your balance by spreading the toes of your leading foot.
- Keep your hips square by focusing the tension in the glutes.
- Keep your chest and chin up to align the spine.
- Breathe in when you lower and breathe out when you stand.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Split Squats in no time.