- Strengthens and tones glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Jumping stimulates the lymphatic flow and stimulates the immune system
- Practicing a proper landing can help improve bone density
- Burn calories by increasing heart rate and blood flow.
How to do Squat Jumps:
Starting Position: Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
Movement: Sit your hips back into a squat and swing your arms behind you. Then explode up and off the ground. Swing your arms forward and up for momentum.
Return: Land softly and silently. Absorb impact with your feet, knees and hips.
Modifications and Progressions:
- To simplify Squat Jumps, perform Squats and come up to tiptoes at the top. Do not let your feet leave the ground.
- To advance Squat Jumps, drive your knees up to a tuck during the jump.
- If you can not land silently from the jump, regress the movement to tip-toes at the top rather than jumping.
- Be sure your heels are down on the ground at the bottom of each squat
- Take a moment to reset between each rep
- When jumping, make sure your hips open at the top of the squat as your feet leave the ground.
- Look forward and slightly upward, and keep your chest tall throughout the movement.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Squat Jumps in no time.