- Great for cardio training and burning unwanted fat.
- Tone glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves all in one move.
- Improve your plyometric ability (aka jumping).
How to do Squat Twists:
- Starting Position: Stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms at your sides.
- Movement: Sit your hips back, swinging your arms behind your body. Explode up through your heels — swinging your arms forward for momentum — and twisting your body in the air to land 180 degrees from the starting position.
- Return: Land softly into Squat position, landing on the balls of your feet and swinging your arms behind your body. Repeat.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Squat Twists, do jump turns by changing direction with a hop.
- To advance Squat Twists, raise your arms in the air — elbows by ears — for an added core challenge.
- Land softly, absorbing the jump with the balls of your feet. Bend at your hips and knees to further reduce the impact.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders back to help engage the core.
- Synchronize your arm swing with your jump to aid in the overall motion of this exercise.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Squat Twists in no time.