- Feel great on spine, relieving any upper and/or low back tension.
- Work the core to twist and recenter the torso.
- Improve spinal mobility.
How to do Standing Twists:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms slightly away from the body.
Movement: Twist your entire body — swinging your arms from side to side like a helicopter. Twist and pivot on the balls of your feet, attempting to look behind you.
Return: Slowly twist back to center and return your arms to your sides.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Standing Twists, reach overhead instead of twisting.
- To advance Standing Twists, perform a mini squat after every twist. Twist to one side, then sink your hips down and back. Stand up by driving through the heel of your non-pivoting foot. Repeat on other side.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders down and back.
- Think about leading with your elbows as you swing your arms from side to side.
- Try to look behind you as you twist clockwise and counterclockwise.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Standing Twists in no time.