- Strengthens and tones glutes, hamstrings, and calves
- Improves strength and stability related to walking and running.
- Increases ability to get up and down from the ground.
How to do Step Back Lunges:
Starting Position: Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
Movement: Step back your left foot. Bend both knees to 90 degrees.
Return: Drive through right heel and to come back to standing. Repeat on other side.
Modifications and Progressions:
- To simplify Step Back Lunges, hold on to a stable surface, and/or take a smaller step back.
- To advance Step Back Lunges, raise your arms in the air for a core challenge.
- Be sure to keep feet shoulder width apart throughout the movement. Think of your feet being on railroad tracks, rather than a balance beam.
- Pull your shoulder blades down and lift your chest up with your eyes forward.
- Drive through the front heel and spread the toes throughout the movement.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Step Back Lunges in no time.