- Simultaneously opens up the hip and shoulders, increasing the flexibility of both.
- Great addition to any warm-up routine.
How to do Sumo Squat Shoulder Stretch:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, feet turned out at 45-degree angles.
Movement: Sit your hips down and back, placing your hands on your thighs and shifting your weight onto your heels. Lead with one shoulder and bend in toward center.
Return: Bring your shoulder back to starting position, and repeat with your opposite shoulder. Stand up by extending your hips and squeezing your glutes.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Sumo Squat Shoulder Stretch, decrease the depth of the squat and depth of the twist.
- To advance Sumo Squat Shoulder Stretch, place your elbows inside your knees, pushing your knees out. At the same time, pull your shoulder toward the center. Relax your elbows, and return your shoulder to start. Repeat on other side. You can also lower your squat to the feel the booty burn.
- Start slowly, and be mindful of the shoulders as you stretch them toward the center.
- Press your knees out with your hands to further open your hips.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Sumo Squat Shoulder Stretch in no time.