- Tones the triceps.
- Build upper-body strength.
- Easily simplified or advanced.
How to do a Tricep Push Up:
Starting Point: Get down on your hands and knees. Extend your hips, bringing them in line with your torso.
Movement: Lower your chest toward the ground until your elbows are at 90 degrees. Keep your upper arms close to your torso. Pause.
Return: Drive through your palms, extending your arms.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify the Tricep Push Up, use a sturdy surface to elevate your hands.
- To advance the Tricep Push Up, perform the exercise on your toes rather than your knees.
- The closer your upper arms are to your torso, the more tricep activation you get.
- Practice this difficult type of pushup on your knees to get the proper form down. Then advance to your toes.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
- Keep your fingers spread out, with your index finger pointed straight and all the other fingers fanned out.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Tricep Push Up in no time.