- Great functional movement that fits into any workout.
- Tone entire body — from shoulders to hamstrings.
- Engage core to improve body posture.
How to do Turkish Get-Ups:
Starting Position: Lie on your back, right knee bent with your heel close to your glute. Reach your right arm straight up toward the sky. Keep your left arm rested, extended out to the side.
Movement: With your right arm extended, press your left forearm into the ground. Sit up, leaning on your left forearm. Keep your legs still while extending your left arm out so just the palm is on the ground. Look up to your raised hand as you come up to a seated position. From here, push down on the ground with your palm and press your hips in line with your spine by squeezing your glutes.
Return: Lower your body back down — first to your hips, then to elbow, then to your back. Keep your right arm extended toward the sky the entire time. Repeat on the other side.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Turkish Get-Up, only come up to your forearm.
- To advance Turkish Get-Up, lift your bent knee, raising your foot one inch off the ground and hold it there as you perform the exercise. For a greater challenge, straighten the bent knee and hover it one inch off the ground.
- Shift your body weight to the side of your resting, extended arm before pressing your elbow into the ground.
- Spread the fingers of your rested, extended hand to increase your stability.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
- Brace your core throughout the entire movement.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Turkisk Get-Ups in no time.