- Burn pesky fat with heart-starting, cardio-busting movement.
- Engage core while challenging the cardiorespiratory (aerobic) system.
- Tone the glutes, hamstrings, and calves with one move.
How to do Up Downs:
Starting Position: Stand on the balls of your feet, shoulder-width apart.
Movement: Take flutter steps back and forth as fast as possible. When coach calls “down”, drop into a low squat, touching both hands to the ground between your legs.
Return: Squeeze your glutes to extend your hips back to standing. Return to flutter steps as quickly as possible. Stay on the balls of your feet.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Up Downs, just do Quick Feet Front and Back without the squat taps.
- To advance Up Downs, raise your arms overhead in the air as you do flutter steps and complete the up/down movement from there.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
- Brace your core throughout the movement.
- Touch your hands to the ground by squatting down first, then leaning forward with your torso.
- Increase your pace as you get into rhythm of the exercise.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Up Downs in no time.