- Great variation to the traditional Jumping Jacks.
- Strengthens and tones the oblique muscles.
- Increases heart rate to improve cardiovascular response.
How to do Wacky Jacks:
Starting Position: Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Position hands at goal posts with a 90 degree bend at the elbow, palms facing forward.
Movement: Drive one knee up and out to your same side elbow, bringing your hip past 90 degrees and bending at your sides.
Return: Return your foot to the ground and repeat with your other knee to the other side.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Wacky Jacks, slow down the tempo by marching the knee out instead of jumping.
- To advance Wacky Jacks, increase the tempo and/or raise the arms overhead, biceps near the ear.
- Engage your core by tucking your tailbone in and drawing the navel to the spine.
- Driving the knees and hips up and open requires hip flexibility – to increase this, spend time in the Frog Stretch.
- Create as much space between your ears and shoulders by extending the crown of the head tall and pressing wings of your back down.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Wacky Jacks in no time.