- Feel great on the upper back and spinal muscles.
- Increase spinal range of motion, reducing the risk of injury.
- Strengthen the upper back, helping to reverse the negative effects of chair sitting.
How to do Windmills:
Starting Position: Lie on the side of your body, arms extended in front of you at shoulder height, and palms together. Bend your knees to 45 degrees at hip height.
Movement: Extend your top arm back behind your body, following it with your gaze. Keep your legs planted on the ground.
Return: Return your arm to center, back on top of your other arm. Repeat on the other side.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify Windmills, perform Standing Twists instead.
- To advance Windmills, after your top arm is extended, follow with the top knee, opening your hips by lifting it out to the side as well.
- Maintain and ever-so-slight bend in your arms, and lead with your elbow to lift the top arm.
- Think about twisting your spine starting from your neck and following with your mid-back.
- Brace your core as you return your top arm.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your Windmills in no time.