- Increase shoulder flexibility, decreasing the risk of shoulder injury.
- Improve posture by strengthening extensor muscles.
- Serve as an excellent warm-up move to any upper body workout.
How to do W, L, M Rotations:
Starting Point: Stand tall. Roll your shoulders down and back. Bend your elbows to 90 degrees, while making fists with your hands.
Movement: Keeping your upper arms still by your side, pull your forearms into ‘W’, ‘L’, and ‘M’ positions. Rotate from left upper arm counterclockwise, and right clockwise.
Return: Slowly rotate your forearms back inward towards body.
Modification and Progression:
- To simplify W, L, M, Rotations, perform Wall Slides instead.
- To advance W, L, M Rotations, hold each position for 3 seconds.
- Be mindful of your shoulders. Perform this exercise slowly when getting started.
- Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
Our live, real-time coaching will motivate you through every rep. So download the app and we’ll have you perfecting your W, L, M Rotations in no time.