March is a month where lots of bets are placed and we’re placing our bet on you. Welcome to the Super 16 Challenge: 4 workouts a week for 4 weeks with $16 on the line. We think you can complete the Challenge and that’s why when you sign up for the Challenge in the app you’ll start with a $16 credit — $1 per workout. Take all 16 25-minute workouts in the 4-week Challenge and you’ll keep all $16… or lose $1 for every workout you miss. Here’s an overview of the Super 16 Challenge, starting Monday, March 4th.
- 4 weeks: Monday, March 4th through Saturday, March 30th
- 4 live workouts each week: 25-minute workouts on Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat. Mix of cardio, strength, and HIIT.
- Location: Wherever you are! Each of these workouts can be done indoors, with the option to be outdoors on Saturdays.
- Equipment needed: Just your phone, headphones, and a positive attitude! Weights are used in one workout but you can use water bottles or soup cans. A mat is helpful, but not mandatory.
Our commitment to you:
- Personalized coaching: Your coaching team will guide you through each workout and check in with you throughout the challenge. Coaches will email and text message you with encouragement and tips.
- A supportive community: Join our private group, Gixo Teammates on Facebook. This is a great place to connect with others doing the Super 16 Challenge and celebrate your victories.
- Completion reward: You’ll start with a credit of $16 when you sign up for the Challenge. You’ll keep $1 for every Super 16 Challenge workout you complete… and lose $1 for every workout you miss. Gixo will pay out balance earned at the end of the Challenge (max = $16).
What we ask you to commit to:
- Show up 4x a week: Live workouts are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. If you miss a day, make it up On Demand. If you’re sick, sign in to class anyway. It’s ok to just watch if that’s what you need to do for your body. You’ll still get credit for the class, and this will help you to stay on track to forming good habits around your workouts.
How to sign up:
You’ll choose a weekday and a weekend time slot. You can also switch live class times in the app or take make-up classes On Demand.
Weekday time slots and lead Coaches:
- 6 am EST / 3 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 7 am EST / 4 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 8 am EST / 5 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 9:30 am EST / 6:30 am PST – Coach Jennifer
- 12:15am EST / 9:15am PST – Coach Medwin
- 3:15pm EST / 12:15pm PST – Coach Aaron
- 5:15pm EST / 2:15pm PST – Coach Mary Beth
- 8:15pm EST / 5:15pm PST – Coach Mary Beth
- 9:15pm EST / 6:15 PST – Coach Alexis
- 10:15pm EST / 7:15pm PST – Coach Emily
You’ll also sign up for a Saturday slot (choose any time):
- 8 am EST / 5 am PST — Indoor Cardio
- 9 am EST / 6 am PST — Outdoor or Treadmill Walk/Run
- 10 am EST / 7 am PST — Indoor Cardio
- 11 am EST / 8 am PST — Outdoor or Treadmill Walk/Run
- Noon EST / 9 am PST — Indoor Cardio
- 1 pm EST / 10 am PST — Outdoor or Treadmill Walk/Run
- 6 pm EST / 3 pm PST — Outdoor or Treadmill Walk/Run
- 7 pm EST / 4 pm PST — Indoor Cardio
Full class schedule:
All classes are 25 minutes and can be taken indoors (with the option to walk/run outdoors on the weekend!). Each class format repeats twice but the exercises in class are different each time.
Weeks 1 and 3: Starting Mar 4 / Mar 18
- Monday, Mar 4 / 18: Lower Body Strength
- Tuesday, Mar 5 / 19: Total Core Tabatas
- Thursday, Mar 7 / 21: Upper Body Strength with Weights
- Saturday, Mar 9 / 12: Your choice of Sprint Intervals (Outdoor or Treadmill) OR Total Body Tabatas (Indoors)
Weeks 2 and 4: Starting Mar 11 / 25
- Monday, Mar 11 / 25: Total Body Sculpt
- Tuesday, Mar 12 / 26: HIIT + Abs
- Thursday, Mar 14 / 28: Abs & Booty Blast
- Saturday, Mar 16 /30: Your choice of Walk or Run Intervals (Outdoor or Treadmill) OR Total Body Intervals (Indoors)
If you’re new to Gixo, welcome! Here are some tips to prep for the Super 16 Challenge:
- Follow Gixo on Facebook and Instagram to get in the mindset to make a positive habit change and meet other Teammates.
- Take the Gixo Intro Class so you’re familiar with the app
- Accept the calendar invites attached to the 16 class confirmations sent via email. (Didn’t receive them? Check your folder and add email@example.com to your address book!)
Ready to exercise to win? Reserve your spot before March 4.
You must sign up for the Challenge from the home screen of the app to participate. Only completed Super 16 Challenge classes count towards $16 credit. To qualify, you need to take at least half of the classes live.