Spring is in the air! We’ve designed a Challenge to get you running or walking outdoors. During the week, you’ll take a combination of strength, cardio, and HIIT workouts to prep you for weekend walks/runs. The Challenge will culminate with a 5K or 10K you can walk or run on Saturday, April 27. Read on to learn more about the Challenge, how to sign up for the right race time, and prizes!
- 4 weeks: Monday, April 1st through Saturday, April 27th
- 4 live workouts each week: 25 and 40-minute workouts on Mon, Tue, Thu & Sat. Mix of cardio, strength, and HIIT.
- Weekend walks/runs:
- Saturday, April 6 = 1 mile
- Saturday, April 13 = 2 miles
- Saturday, April 20 = Conditioning
- Saturday, April 27 = 5K (3.12 miles) or 10K (6.24 miles)
- Location: Wherever you are! You can do walks/runs outdoors or on a treadmill.
- Equipment needed: Just your phone, headphones, and a positive attitude! A mat is helpful, but not mandatory.
What to expect:
- Personalized coaching: Your coaching team will guide you through each workout and check in with you throughout the Challenge. Coaches will keep in touch out of class to keep you moving!
- A supportive community: Join our private group, Gixo Teammates on Facebook. Share PRs and sweaty selfies!
- Race awards: There will be a speed and steps winner for each 5K and 10K. That means both runners and walkers can win! The prize is a Gixo home gym: a set of dumbells, a yoga mat, and a foam roller.
What you need to do:
- Show up 4x a week: Live workouts are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. If you miss a day, make it up On Demand. If you’re sick, sign in to class anyway. It’s ok to just watch if that’s what you need to do for your body. Showing up to class helps create good habits!
You’ll choose a weekday and a weekend time slot. You can also switch live class times in the app or take make-up classes On Demand.
Weekday time slots and lead Coaches:
- 6 am EST / 3 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 7 am EST / 4 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 8 am EST / 5 am PST – Coach Alasdair
- 9:30 am EST / 6:30 am PST – Coach Jennifer
- 12:15am EST / 9:15am PST – Coach Jennifer
- 3:15pm EST / 12:15pm PST – Coach Aaron
- 5:15pm EST / 2:15pm PST – Coach Mary Beth
- 8:15pm EST / 5:15pm PST – Coach Mary Beth
- 9:15pm EST / 6:15 PST – Coach Alexis
- 10:15pm EST / 7:15pm PST – Coach Emily
You’ll also sign up for a Saturday slot for your walks/runs:
- 8 am EST / 5 am PST
- 9 am EST / 6 am PST
- 10 am EST / 7 am PST
- 11 am EST / 8 am PST
- Noon EST / 9 am PST
- 1 pm EST / 10 am PST
- 6 pm EST / 3 pm PST
- 7 pm EST / 4 pm PST
Important note: 5K/10K Sign-up
When you choose your Saturday time slot, you’ll be auto-enrolled in a race. But never fear — you can change to any race time and length. Note that all 5Ks are one hour and all 10Ks are two hours. You are welcome to leave the class when you finish the race or stay until the end to cheer on your Teammates.
Here is the race schedule for Saturday, April 27:
- 8 am EST / 5 am PST – 10K
- 9 am EST / 6 am PST – 5K
- 10 am EST / 7 am PST – 10K
- 11 am EST / 8 am PST – 5K
- Noon EST / 9 am PST – 10K
- 1 pm EST / 10 am PST – 5K
Full class schedule:
All classes are 25 or 40 minutes. Read on to see which classes are best indoors or outdoors.
Week 1: Starting April 1
- Monday, April 1: Total Body Tabatas (30 min)
- Tuesday, April 2: Walk or Run Intervals (25 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Thursday, April 4: Total Body Intervals (25 min)
- Saturday, April 6: One Mile Training (25 min) – Outside or treadmill only
Week 2: Starting April 8
- Monday, April 8: HIIT + Abs (25 min)
- Tuesday, April 9: Progression Intervals (25 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Thursday, April 11: Total Body Blast with Weights (40 min)
- Saturday, April 13: Two Mile Training (40 min) – Outside or treadmill only
Week 3: Starting April 15
- Monday, April 15: Indoor Cardio Endurance (25 min)
- Tuesday, April 16: Walk or Run Pace Intervals (40 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Thursday, April 18: Sprint Intervals (25 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Saturday, April 20: Endurance Walk or Run (25 min) – Outside or treadmill only
Week 3: Starting April 22
- Monday, April 22: HIIT + Full Body (40 min)
- Tuesday, April 23: Let’s Walk (or Run!) (40 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Thursday, April 25: Let’s Walk (40 min) – Best outside or on a treadmill
- Saturday, April 27: Official 5Ks and 10Ks (60 or 120 min, respectively) – Outside or treadmill only
If you’re new to Gixo, welcome! Here are some tips to prep for the Spring Training Challenge:
- Follow Gixo on Facebook and Instagram to get in the mindset to make a positive habit change and meet other Teammates.
- Take the Gixo Intro Class so you’re familiar with the app
- Accept the calendar invites attached to the 16 class confirmations sent via email. (Didn’t receive them? Check your folder and add email@example.com to your address book!)
Ready to exercise to win? Reserve your spot before April 1.